Elshaimaa Abdelrazek Ahmed Arafa
- 06 705 6242
2009 – 2010 Postdoctoral Research Associate
The Ohio State University, Department of Radiology, Division of Radiobiology, Columbus, Ohio, USA
2009 Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Certificate, FPGEC, USA
The FPGEC Certification Program evaluates the qualifications of foreign pharmacy graduates in accordance with USA standards for pharmacy education.
2005 – 2009 Ph.D, Cairo University & The Ohio State University
Ph.D degree in Pharmacology, Cairo Univ., Cairo, Egypt and The Ohio State Univ., Columbus, OH, USA (Sponsored by the scholar exchange program of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education).
1999 – 2005 M.Sc., Cairo University, Faculty of Pharmacy
Master degree of pharmaceutical sciences, Pharmacology and Toxicology.
1993 – 1998 B.Sc., Cairo University, Faculty of Pharmacy
Bachelor degree of Pharmaceutical Sciences with a general grade of ""Excellent With Honors”, GPA 3.9.
2016– present Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Ajman University, UAE.
2015– present Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Beni-Suef University, Egypt.
2014– 2016 Assistant Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Ajman University, UAE.
2012– 2013 Assistant Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Taif University, KSA
2009 – 2014 Assistant Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Beni-Suef University, Egypt.
2006 – 2008 Visiting Scholar
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA.
2005 – 2006 Assistant Lecturer of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt
1999 – 2005 Instructor and teaching assistant of Pharmacology & Toxicology, Faulty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt.
- Molecular mechanisms of natural anticancer drugs
- Molecular pharmacology as a basis for drugs development
- Oxidative stress implication in the pathophysiology of clinical disorders
1. Sensitization of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells to Apo2L/TRAIL by a Novel Akt/NF-κB Signaling Inhibitor. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2014 Jun.
2. OSU-CG5, a Novel Energy Restriction Mimetic Agent Targets The Colorectal Cancer Cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2014 Mar.
3. Camel’s milk ameliorates TNBS-induced colitis in rats via downregulation of inflammatory cytokines and oxidative stress. Food Chem Tox, 2014 Apr; 69C:294-302.
4. Diosmin Protects against Ethanol-Induced Gastric Injury in Rats: Novel Anti-Ulcer Actions. PLoS One. 2015 Mar;10(3).
5. Hesperidin alleviates cisplatin-induced hepatotoxicity in rats without inhibiting its antitumor activity. Pharmacological Reports, 2016 April (68): 2, 349–356
6. Tangeretin alleviates cisplatin-induced acute hepatic injury in rats: Targeting MAPKs and apoptosis. PloS One, 2016 Mar;11(3).
7. Tangeretin attenuates cisplatin-induced renal injury in rats: Impact on the inflammatory cascade and oxidative perturbations. Chem Biol Interact. 2016 Oct 25;258:205-13.
8. Thymoquinone Mitigate Ischemia-Reperfusion-Induced Liver Injury in Rats: A Pivotal Role of Nitric Oxide Signaling Pathway. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2016 Sep.