Moayad Jamal Saeed Al Shahwan
- 06 705 6249
Dr. Moyad Jamal Shahwan is an associate professor of Clinical Biochemistry working at the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (COPHS) in Ajman University (AU), Ajman Campus, since September 2009. He received his Ph.D. from the Aligarh Muslim University, India 2002 with a full scholarship from University Grant Commission (UGC-Foreign Nationals Fellowship for Ph.D. Program) Merit qualified (India). Since then and for over 15 years he worked academically in different Universities across the Middle East. He chaired different college committees such as the Research and Postgraduate, purchase, and a member of Curriculum, quality assurance, research, and examination committee. He was appointed as a Coordinator for the Master program in Pharmacy at the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Ajman University(UAE) (Sept.2014 - Present).
Dr. Shahwan is aware of the accreditation standards he played a role in obtaining the national re-accreditation of the BSc Pharmacy program by CAA in July, 2012. He also participated in the preparation and initial accreditation of the MSc of Pharmacy program in January 2011. Played a significant role as Coordinator for the Master program in the preparation for obtaining the national full accreditation of the MSc of Pharmacy program in AU 2016-2017. Dr. Shahwan is currently actively involved the preparation for the ACPE International Certification (Jan 2017 – Current, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, AU) and a member of the AU Graduate Studies and Research committee (Jan 2017 – Current).
Dr. Shahwan serves in the editorial board of some peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Shahwan published about 30 research papers related to his field including one patent in peer-reviewed journal. Three research groups in which Dr. Shahwan was supervisor won awards for their professional poster at DUPHAT 2016. Dr. Shahwan is actively involved in research and supervised more than fourteen master thesis as main as well as co-supervisor He currently has an h-index 6 and i 10-index 4 with over 137 citations to his published papers. His researches are related to the area of Clinical Biochemistry Additionally, researches related to pharmacy practice and public health are of his interest.
The following positions were held by Dr. Shahwan :
Sept.2014 - Present Coordinator of Master program in Pharmacy at the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Ajman University (U. A. E.)
Sept. 2014 - Present Associate Professor at the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Ajman University (U. A. E.)
2009 –aug. 2014 Assistant Professor at the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Ajman University (U. A. E.)
2005- 2009 Assistant Professor at the Pharmacy College, Al-Zaytoonah Private University, (JORDAN)
2004- 2005 Assistant Professor at the Allied Health Sciences College, Zarqa Private University, (JORDAN)
2003 – 2004 Lab. Advisor at Al-Nour Pharmaceutical company (Palestine)
Courses taught include:
Pharmaceutical Biochemistry I & II , Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Nutrition , Pharmaceutical Biochemistry-1 LAB, Biochemistry for Nursing , Biochemistry for Dentistry Quality Assurance in Medical Laboratory , Principles of Public Health, Clinical Immunology, Medical Biochemistry, General Chemistry for Dentistry , Clinical Biochemistry (for master students) and First Aid
Current researches include:
1) Clinical and Biochemical research
2) Public Health.
Dr. Shahwan has about 30 publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals including one PATENT. These include:
Ghassan Shattat, Tariq Al-Qirim, Moyad Shahwan, Yusuf Al-Hiari, Ghassan Abu Sheikha. n-substituted-1H-indole-2-carboxamide derivatives, a process for their preparation and their use as potential antihyperlipidaemic agents. 2519 Jordan Patent (2009).
- Sabrina Ait Gacem, Moayad J. Al-Shahwan*, NAGM Hassan1, Fetta Djessas Assessment of knowledge and healthcare providers’ role in promoting lactation in United Arab Emirates International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 2017-inpress
- Assessment of Sun Health Awareness Levels Among Medical Sciences Female Students at Ajman University Study EJPMR 2017-inpress
- Stress-Induced Immune-Related Disease And Health Outcome Of Pharmacy And Dentistry Students-Pilot Study EJPMR 2017-inpress
- Short-term Feeding Effects of Origanum Syriacum. Crude Extract on Blood Constituents in Rats Study International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy 2017,8 (1),118-120
- Common health complaint reported by students according to specialization and gender regarding self-medication at Ajman University EJPMR 2017,4(3), 137-140.
- Mena Rabea Al-Ani, Najeeb Hassan, Zehra Edis, Samir Haj Bloukh, Moyad Shahwan* Prevalence of self-medication among Medical and Non-medical Students at Ajman University EJPMR 2017,4(3), 141-144.
- A Cross Sectional Study of Knowledge, Attitude and Practices of Menstrual Hygiene among AU female students. EJPMR 2017
- The Prevalence And Factor Affecting Acne Vulgaris Among University Students EJPMR 2016,3(6), 101-107
- Prevalence And Factors Associated With Obesity And Overweight Among Medical Students Of Ajman University EJPMR 2016,3(6), 20-25
- Health Related Quality of life and Academic Performance Among Ajman University of Science & Technology Students. EJPMR 2016, 3(5), 94-97
- Common Adverse Effects Due to Self-Medication. International Journal of Research 2016,3 (4),380-385 https://edupediapublications.org/journals Available at
- Prevalence and Impact of Dysmenorrhea on Health Related Quality Of Life in the United Arab Emirates. EJPMR 2016,3 (2),77-86
- The Effect of Sleeping Pattern on the Academic Performance of Undergraduate Medical Students at Ajman University of Science and Technology. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy 2015, 5(6),30-33
- The Effect Of Metformin On Body Weight In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Patients. International Journal Of Research –Granthaalayah 2015, 2 ( 3 ) : 33- 39
- Antihyperlipidimic Effect Of Simmondsia Chinensis Seeds Extracts In Rabbits. International Journal of Applied biology and Pharmaceutical technology 2014, 5 (1), 184-188.
- Evaluation of Factors Associated With Inadequate Glycemic Control and Some Other Health Care Indicators among Patients with Type 2 Diabetes in Ramallah, Palestine. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences 2013, 4 (3), 445-451
- Prevalence and Risk Factors of Vitamin D Deficiency among Type 2 Diabetics and Non-Diabetic Female Patients in Jordan. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences 2013, 4 (3), 278-292
- Short-term feeding effects of origanum syriacum crude extract on Immobilization Stress Induced Antioxidant Defense Changes in Rat. Journal of Biological Sciences 2012, 12(7), 421-425
- Synthesis and Anti-Hyperlipidemic Evaluation of N-(Benzoylphenyl)-5-fluoro-1H-indole-2-carboxamide Derivatives in Triton WR-1339-Induced Hyperlipidemic Rats Molecules 2010, 15, 5840-5849;
- Synthesis and Pharmacological Evaluation of Novel Substituted and Unsubstituted N-(Benzoylphenyl)-1H-indole-2-carboxamides As Potent Anti-Hypertriglyceridemic Agents. Zeitschrift für Naturforschung ,65 c, 309 – 316 (2010);
- The Hypolipidaemic Activity of Novel Benzofuran-2-carboxamide Derivatives in Triton WR-1339-Induced Hyperlipidaemic Rats: A Comparison with Bezafibrate. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry., 25, Issue: 6, Pages: 751-755(2010).
- Pharmacological Evaluation of Novel Indole-2-carboxamides As Potent Lipid-Lowering Agents in Triton-WR1339-Induced Hyperlipidemic Rats. Zeitschrift für Naturforschung C. 64c, 619-625 (2009).
- Hypolipidaemic Effects of Euphorbia prostrata in Rabbits. Journal of Biological Sciences 9 (1): 88-91, 2009
- Effects of Ballota undulata on blood biochemical parameters and insulin in albino rats. Asian Biomedicine. 2009; 3( 2) 171-175
- Effect of Solanum nigrum on immobilization stress induced antioxidant defense changes in rat. Research Journal of Biological Sciences. 2008; 3(12): 1426-1429.
- Physicochemical properties and amino acid sequence of sheep brain galectin-1. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2004 May;69(5):506-12.
- . Isolation, physicochemical and immunological characterization of galectin-1 from sheep brain. Egypt. J. Biotechnol. 2004 oct; 17.
- Effect of khat, its constituents and restraint stress on free radical metabolism of rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2002 Dec;83(3):245-50.
- Galectin from Caprine Brain: Subunit structure, carbohydrate specificity and its immunological relationship. J. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Biophys. (2001). 5, pp. 473-480