Nageeb Abdul Galil Mohamed Hassan
- 06 705 6221
Nageeb Hassan is a Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Dean of the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences (COPHS) at Ajman University (AU), UAE. He got his MBBS from Alexandria University, Egypt as well as an MSc from Glasgow University & Ph.D. from Manchester University, UK. He was awarded a Face-to-Face Certificate in Medical Education from Dundee University, UK. He has also attended courses in Problem-Based Teaching/Learning in Pharmacotherapy & Medicine at Groningen University, Groningen and Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands, respectively.
Academically, he was head of Pharmacology & Toxicology Department and he has been teaching and researching at COPHS, AU since the fall of 2007. He has contributed to the development of MScPharm program & new courses. He participated in the renewal of accreditation of the College programs (undergraduate & graduate) in AU and is currently working on getting ACPE.
Before joining AU, he was a Professor of Clinical Pharmacology Teaching Problem-based Pharmacotherapy and Rational Uses of Drugs at Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS), Sana’a University at both undergraduate & graduate levels. He was a counterpart of the Evaluation Team of Consultants from Liverpool, UK-team looking into Evaluation of Medical Education in Yemen and counterpart of the WHO, STC, Medical Education for Medical Schools in Yemen.
Administratively, he was Dean of the FMHS during 2002-2004 and Vice-Dean of the FMHS for establishing Faculty of Dentistry during 1998-2002 at Sana’a University in Yemen. He has also contributed in establishing two Medical Schools in Yemen. He was a Vice-Rector of Academic Affairs during 2004-2007 and Acting Dean of Faculty of Medical Sciences at the University of Hodeidah in Yemen during 2004-2005.
• Professor in Clinical Pharmacology, Ajman University, UAE 2007 - to date.
• Visiting Professor in Clinical Pharmacology, Ajman University, UAE 2006 - 2007.
• Professor in Clinical Pharmacology, Sana’a University; Sana’a, Yemen 2003 - 2007.
• Associate Professor in Clinical Pharmacology, Sana’a University; Sana’a, Yemen 1998 – 2003.
• Assistant Professor in Clinical Pharmacology, Sana’a University; Sana’a, Yemen 1994 – 1998.
• Assistant Lecturer Clinical Pharmacology, Sana’a University; Sana’a, Yemen 1990 – 1991.
• Demonstrator, Sana’a University; Sana’a, Yemen 1985 - 1988.
• Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
• Toxicology and Chemotherapy.
• Bioassay and Drug Screening.
• Pathophysiology and Pharmacotherapy.
• Medicine Management and Community Care.
• Drug and disease research.
• Medical education.
• Qat research.
• Pharmacists’ intervention to reduce Inpatient prescribing errors at a secondary care hospital.
• Potential role of pharmacists in asthma management.
• Evaluation of KAP of antibiotic use among Medical and Non-Medical students in the UAE.
• Self-Medication Use among Medical and Non-Medical Students on AU.
• The Prevalence of Vitamin B12 Deficiency among Patients with Type 2 Diabetes in UAE.
• Tolerance to the Effects of Qat Chewing on Arterial Blood Pressure in Healthy Volunteers.
• OSCE; a Valid and Reliable way for Assessing Therapeutic Skills.
- Saeed Abdulla, Mohammed Shamssain, Aya Rahman Lafta & Nageeb Hassan. Prevalence and Severity of Asthma, Rhinitis and Eczema in Schoolchildren in the UAE. ejpmr 2016, 3(9), 464-467.
- Mena Rabea Al-Ani; Nageeb Hassan; Zehra Edis; Samir Haj Bloukh & Moyad Shahwan. Common Adverse Effects Due to Self-Medication. IJR 2016; 3(4): 380-385.
- Yara Meni, Farah Laham, Haya Dandashi, Chaza Alleli, Nageeb Hassan & Moyad Shahwan. Prevalence and Factors Associated with Obesity and Overweight Among Medical Students of Ajman University of Science and Technology. ejpmr, 2016, 3(6), 20-25.
- Mustafa Nafea Al Kubais, Nageeb Abdul Galil Mohamed Hassan & Mohammad Hossein Shamssain. Association between adherence to diabetes medication and glycemic control. IJRDPL 2016; 5(1): 1915-1920.
- Amal Mahmod, Asim Ahmed Enour, Abdel Azim Ahmed Ali, Nageeb AGM Hassan, Abdulla Shehab & Akshaya Srikanth. Evaluation of Rational Use of Medicines in UAE. SPJ 2016; 24, 189–196.
- Hala Hamed, Amani Miskey, Razan Alkurd, Zena Ghazal, Razan Sami, Nageeb Hassan, Samir Bloukh, Moayad Shahwan & Alaa Al Amiry. The Effect of Sleeping Pattern on the Academic Performance of Undergraduate Medical Students at Ajman University of Science and Technology. IOSRPHR 2015; 5(6): 30-33.
- RJ, Koprulu F, Hassan NA, Ali AA, Elnour AA. Predictors of Adherence to Antihypertensive Medication in the northern United Arab Emirates. East Mediterr Health J 2015; 21(5):309-18.
- Mohammed Hassanein, Mohammed Shamssain & Nageeb Hassan. Health-Related Quality of Life among Osteoarthritis Patients: A Comparison of Traditional Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs and Selective COX-2 Inhibitors in the United Arab Emirates Using the SF-36. Pharmacol Pharm 2015; 6, 232-240.
- Fatima Koprulu, Refqa JK Bader, Nageeb AGM Hassan, Abduelmula R Abduelkarem & Dhafir A Mahmood. Evaluation of Adherence to Diabetic Treatment in Northern Region of United Arab Emirates. TJPR June 2014; 13(6): 989-995.
- Rana Mohammed Ghazal, Nageeb Abdul Galil Hassan, Dr. Ola Ghaleb Al Ahdab & Ismat Isam Saliem. Barriers to the implementation of Pharmaceutical Care into the UAE Community Pharmacies. IOSRPHR 2014; 4(5): 68-74.
- Kamis Gaballah, Adel A. Bahmani, Anas Salami & Nageeb A. M. Hassan. The Knowledge and Attitude of Practicing Dentists towards the Antibiotic Prescription: A Regional Study; BJPR 2014; 4(16): 2006-2018.
- Yasser El-Shabrawy, Alaa Alhaboby, Nageeb Abdul Galeel Hassan, Sameer Issa Bloukh & Moayad Jamal Shahwan. The Effect of Metformin on Body Weight in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Patients. IJR 2014; 2(3): 33-39.
- De Vries TPGM, Daniels J.M.A. Mulder C.W., Groot O.A. Wewerinke L., Barnes K., Bakathir H.A., Hassan NAGM, Van Bortel L., Kriska M., Santoso B., Sanz E.J., Thomas M., Ziganshina L.E., Bezemer P.D. & Hogerzeil H.V. Should Medical Students Choose Their Own Drugs? An International Multi-centre Randomized Controlled Study. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2008; 55: 873-876.
- Hassan N.A.G.M., Gunaid A.A., & Murray-Lyon I. M. REVIEW ARTICLE: Khat (Catha edulis): Health Aspects of Khat Chewing. East Mediterr Health J 2007; 13:3; 706-718.
Over the years, Professor Nageeb Hassan has published more than 40 papers and has participated & attended in more than 80 local, regional & international workshops, symposia & conferences. He has also presented abstracts and posters at more than 30 conferences. He is a member of several Committees, Scientific Societies & Associations.
He has supervised a set of MSc and Ph.D. dissertations as well as a number of undergraduate projects. He was also a peer reviewer for several local, regional and international journals. He is one of the members representing Ajman Medical Zone, UAE in the Central Research Ethics Committee at Ministry of Health and Prevention.
He is the recipient of several awards such as supervision of best poster presentation 2016; Second best poster presentation 2011; Third prize trophy for Oral Presentation 2010; Sixth prize trophy for poster 2010 DUPHAT, Dubai, UAE and also, several certificates of Recognition from Universities, Institutions, and Associations.